Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Brrrrrr!!!!!!



Much of the country is in a deep freeze.  I've been keeping warm in the company of friends visiting from the west coast..............and some of our wonderful time together these past several days included shopping in the warm, dry mall!



Restoration Hardwaris a favorite stop........if you haven't been to one lately hurry on over.  They have such awesome things for home and person.  Best of all, a great sale is going on in time for Christmas shopping. 


This is my Winter/early Christmas present to myself, knowing cold nights were heading this way.  I've actually been searching for a real English hot water bottle for some time.......found it here already dressed in a cashmere sweater, and yes, on sale!  While in Africa last Spring we were given hot water bottles and blankets when dining outside in the Boma.....that's when I knew I wanted one here at home.


Last night I dug out the warm cotton flannel sheets, filled my bottle and snuggled in.  Low temp. this morning was 10 degrees.  I grew up in England without any central heating........heavy wool blankets, and a trusty 'bottle' to hug close or to warm chilled toes, was the only way of warding off frostbite on those bitter Winter nights!


Sorry I've been missing, life is so busy right now.........and I'll be heading out of town this week so have limited time for blogging!  Hope you are enjoying Christmas preparations, and that you stay warm and safe.



11 comments:

  1. How I love down and cashmere ... perfect for winter nights. You stay safe and warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to read you enjoyed your visitors. I have missed you. Safe trip and let's talk soon. Hugs,Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the cutest hot water bottle I have ever seen. Stay warm and safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to be busy. Good travels and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that hot water bottle!! Glad you are staying warm it is soooooo cold! Mary, have a wonderful holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're trying to stay warm, too. Brrr!

    Enjoy your days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How I remember those cold wintry nights at my Grandparents house. Love the fancy hot water bottle

    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary, this looks like just the thing. Stay warm and have a great trip.
    Merry, merry! ~ Christmas hugs to you ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. As the cold winter months are upon us, my trusty hot water bottle definitely is put into service. Oh, I love this cashmere sweater on yours. Also love Restoration Hardware.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the water bottle! Keep warm!
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do love those hot water bottles! I need to check online to see where I can find two, one for me, one for my daughter! Hubby can just snuggle!!
    Take Care,
    Ulrike

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.