Thursday, July 11, 2013

Visiting the City of Roses..................and Marilyn!


Over the years my list of 'blog friend meetings' has grown. No matter in which country - yes I've met some lovely bloggers overseas on my travels - every gal, often with the patient hubby tagging along which is always great as Bob is usually with me, has meant a delightful day spent in the company of some very special friends.

Marilyn, Mary and Jim - Portland friends forever.

After about five years as online friends I had such an enjoyable time with Marilyn of the lovely blog Delights of the Heart, and her charming husband Jim, they made us more than welcome on this quick visit back to Portland, one of our favorites....the City of Roses.


We drove 9 plus hours from Northern California to Portland......and on arrival Marilyn insisted we pop over to her lovely home for her freshly baked apricot pie and Oolong tea.......even though it was quite late. Marilyn is to me the diva of tea.....knowing so much more than I will ever comprehend about the growing and preparing of delicious teas from around the world. Yes, yes, know I'm the English gal here, but I grew up loving coffee and didn't really start enjoying a good afternoon cuppa at 4 pm until after I emigrated to the USA.


Because Jim is an accomplished Master Gardener who specializes in heirloom roses, Marilyn's garden is gorgeous. The flowers and shrubs were at their peak and, with perfect weather of bright sunshine and blue skies, and perfect temperatures, I was able to ooh and aah constantly when we returned the next morning to start a wonderful day exploring the city.




First stop was at the breathtaking Multnomah Falls.......a full day followed perfumed with roses and other fun surprises.

OK, now in Seattle and off to the airport for an early morning flight back east. More next time on Portland's special places........then on to meet Washington State friends.
This has been a whirlwind trip and so much fun.

8 comments:

  1. I know we love getting together with you and Bob, so I know you all must have had a marvelous time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, The picture of the falls is breathtaking. Most certainly should be framed. Sounds like another lovely adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to "meet" Marilyn. I'm a new reader of her blog and am enjoying it very much. Having a Master Gardener for a husband results in a gorgeous display!
    Hope your trip home went well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it grand fun to meet up with fellow bloggers? From the smiles, I can tell that you all had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, sounds like you had a lovely time! And what gorgeous flowers. Can't wait to hear more about the trip!

    Marie Angelique

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a fantastic portrait of the four of you in front of the amazing bridge and falls! I'm glad the you had such a wonderful time with each other.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a treat it was to have you visiting in our city of roses. Your photos of our gardens turned out more beautiful than I remember them being on that day. How fun to share our city with you and show you what delights us. Happy travels home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun to meet a fellow blogger. The photos of their gardens are beautiful. The water fall is stunning! Pamela

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.