Tuesday, May 17, 2016

The train south to Wexford. . . . . . . . .




Here on the County Wexford coast, about 70 km south of Dublin, the beach scenes
 in two wonderful movies, 'Saving Private Ryan' and 'Brooklyn' were filmed.



We went by train to Wexford for the day yesterday and had a fabulous time.
Will be telling more later about the little town which welcomed us with open arms.

James Joyce - 1882-1941

Walking around Dublin I stopped to say "top o'the morning" to Ireland's 
famous novelist and poet, James Joyce.

Today is our last day in Dublin. We head to Galway by train tomorrow.
How lucky we are to have enjoyed our first five days in Ireland in brilliant 
sunshine and comfortable - around 58F - temperatures.
We made some lovely new friends today - Marilyn & Noel from Australia's
fabulous Gold Coast, Queensland (where I've visited), they are actually
 New Zealanders; and Barbara & Doug who recently move to South Carolina
 from New England.
One of the great perks of travel is meeting new people and enjoying some 
fun conversations.

More details and stories when I have more time.


7 comments:

  1. Beautiful scenery along the way Mary. I love the photo of the fields of canola in bloom. Enjoy your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And thank you Mary for taking the time to take us along. Breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such clear skies and blue water. I'm so glad the sun is shining down on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all is so crisp and clear and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that gorgeous green of the Emerald Isle!
    Great photo of you Mary, I love how you've tied your scarf!
    Shane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely true is the fun people and conversations along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOh, I think you are jsut very good at regaling the masses and making friends, aren't you? :) How wonderful and no doubt you will be visiting them soon. I am SO impressed. My grandparents were dead before I hit double digits and I only met one a few times at that but her you are, great gradparents, traveling along with such gusto. Well done.

    I love too btw how you keep noting how wonderful friendly people are there. That is so nice to read.

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.